Best time to visit
May to October (dry season)
- Discovering the coral reefs and white sandy beaches at Chiroroni
- Breathing in the scents of the ylang-ylang distillery at Bamboa
- Walking through the crumbling, decaying palaces at Hari ya Moudji
- Wandering the maze-like lanes of the medina at Moroni
- Fishing, diving and boating in the waters of Mayotte
- Finding the perfect hand-crafted souvenir at Mitsoudjé
- Green sea turtle – watching at Chissioua Ouénéfou
- Hiking past majestic waterfalls and beautiful deserted beaches
- Swimming in the pristine waters on Anjouan
Langouste á la vanilla (lobster cooked in vanilla sauce) or rice and meat infused with cardamom, vanilla, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg, or fish with coconut.
Swahili-inspired architecture with arcades, balustrades and carved wooden latticework; Comoran women with faces applied with a yellowish paste of sandalwood and coral (m’sidzanou).