Best time to visit Jordan
April to May or September – October
Experiences in Jordan
- Visiting the ancient ruins of Petra
- Pretending you are Julius Caesar at the preserved city of Jerash
- Lolling in the restorative salt, sea and mud of the Dead Sea
- Diving into the scuba-friendly waters around Aqaba
- Camping out under the stars at Wadi Rum
- Rinding your inner Richard the Lionheart at Karak, Jordan’s best preserved Crusader castle.
Mensaf, the Bedouin specialty – a whole lamb, head included, on rice and pine nuts.
Tea, because you are offered it in bladder-bursting amounts by hospitable Jordanians
Bedouins in keffiyah (head robes)’ endless tea-drinking; windswept deserts; ancient ruins, bubbling nargileh (water pipes)
Not everyone is a Bedouin in Jordan; there is a majority Palestinian population which arrived during times of war in their homeland